This year’s faire was a huge success, and we couldn’t have done it without all of our exceptional sponsors, partners, volunteers, staff, makers and attendees. High fives all around!
Stop by and say hi to the people at the REC (Robotics Education and Competition Foundation) and VEX Robotics booth at our #MakerFaire this Saturday. Learn about how your kids can get involved w/ their program.
WATCH THIS VIDEO from their event they had in Louisville this spring at the Kentucky Exposition Center.
Join us for the MAKER FAIRE AFTER PARTY at the Kentucky Museum of Art and Craft. The FOOD TRUCKS will be hanging around and there will be evening entertainment including the popular SPLELING BE that starts at 8pm. (This event is a 21+ event inside the KMAC w/ a cash bar available.) Click on the image to RSVP.
We are featured in an article by Insider Louisville. They wrote a summary of some of OUR ATTRACTIONS FOR THE FAIRE on Saturday, Sept. 19th:
● GForce, a 130-foot wheeled sled you can ride, accelerating up to 2Gs
● Human Size Rock’em Sock’em Robots
● Collegiate Nerdy Derby – “No rules” Pinewood Derby – Make and Race a Car Yourself
● FIRST and VEX Robotics: Visitors can drive robots and see real teams in action
● 3D Printer Zoo – everything from a 16-foot behemoth to affordable education models
● River City Rocketry’s 12-foot tall, high-powered rocket
● Maker Mobile 32-foot trailer with CNC router, laser cutter, 3D printers
● GameDevLou - indie video games playable onsite
● KY Science Center - $5 admission and special maker activities
● KCD Kid Area - squishy circuits, catapult-making, young makers and more
● Boat building competition hosted by Frazier History Museum
● Learn to solder stations
● Many of Louisville’s favorite food trucks (and beer/wine available)
SIGN-UP to COMPETE in the POWER TOOL DRAG RACING CHAMPIONSHIP at our #makerfaire on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015. This is tons of fun! Prizes for winners!
Eligible machines are single engine power tools with limited motor and gearing modifications. Power sources must be stock 110V provided for the tool. See rules for additional information.
There is a $25 entry fee if you wish to enter a vehicle in the race.
The MakerMobile: One of our awesome makers that will be at our #MakerFaire on Saturday, Sept. 19, 2015. They can come out to your school or event to show demos on 3D Printing, laser cutting and more!
The deadline to apply for booth space at the 2015 Louisville Mini Maker Faire has been extended to September 13th.
If you’re into building games as well as community, Game Dev Lou could be for you. Game Dev Lou supports developers of all skill levels and backgrounds, and creates a safe environment for experimentation, education and participation. Game Dev Lou members use multiple technologies including HTML5, Unity, GameMaker, libGDX, Construct 2, Cocos2d, C++, C#, VB, and more.
They will be showing off their skills at this year’s Louisville Mini Maker Faire, so check them out! Till then, you can watch this video to see them in action:
There are a few days left to sign up as a Maker at this year’s Louisville Mini Maker Faire. What are you waiting for??