◦ Who: Makers, students, families
◦ What: A family-friendly expo of makers and their projects in a festival atmosphere
◦ When: September 16, noon-7 p.m.
· Food trucks
· Live music
· University of Louisville Knowledge in Development Lab: The University of Louisville KID Lab is a research lab that investigates how children think about information in the world around them. Our booth will have the opportunity for children to participate in a real science experiment!
· Rockem Sockem Robots: Homemade life-size Rockem Sockem Robots, controlled by you! Step right up and hit your opponent in the gut to make his head pop up! Constructed from left overs, cardboard and garbage cans, these simple creations are fun for all!
· Louisville Free Public Library: Come visit us at the Louisville Free Public Library booth! We will have mini-Minecraft, Makey Makeys, and a craft to give you a taste of what the library offers. See you at the Faire!
· United States Patent and Trademark Office: Build your own kazoos out of household items inspired by inventor James West. Learn about intellectual property and collect inventor trading cards.
◦ Whitefield Academy Rocks Robotics Team: The reigning Indiana State Champion’s winning robot!
◦ AMCC: Learn the latest 3-D printing techniques and see UofL’s engingeering teams, the Rocket Team and Racing Team.
◦ …And more!
◦ Who: Makers, programmers, engineers, designers, techies—anyone who wants to have a hand in creating the next generation of ideas for the home.
◦ What: High-energy Hackathon where participants will create the next innovations for the home and compete for more than $10,000 in cash and prizes.
◦ When: September 15, 16
◦ Tickets: Tickets for the weekend are $5 for students; $10 for professionals; limited early-bird pricing may still be available
◦ Sponsors: Include Renesas, 3M, U.S. Steel, Samtec and more
◦ Learn more: https://firstbuild.com/blog/firstbuild-hackathon-faq/